"Everything I Wanted" (stylized as "everything i wanted") is a single by Billie Eilish. It was released on November 13th, 2019. On January 23rd, 2020 Billie released a music video for the song. It is possible that the song will be included in her upcoming sophmore album.
The song was first mentioned by Billie on her Instagram story on November 6th, 2019, when she stated that she would be releasing a single in the following week to make up for the long wait for her Vanity Fair issue.
On November 10th, 2019, Billie revealed the single's title, release date, and cover art. A day before its release, she teased a 12-second snippet of the track on Instagram.
On November 26th, 2019, Beats by Dre posted a video for the making of the song, partnering with Billie.
Lyrically, the song describes Billie's experience in the music industry, and how she feels pressured to cater to the demands of her fans. She ponders whether or not she would have chosen to be an artist if she knew about the pros and cons beforehand. It is also a tribute to Billie's brother and collaborator, Finneas O'Connell.
In a interview with Seventeen, Billie stated that the theme was inspired by a dream she had. She stated, "We started writing it because I literally had a dream that I killed myself and nobody cared and all of my best friends and people that I worked with basically came out in public and said, like, "Oh, we never liked her." In the dream, the fans didn’t care. The internet shit on me for killing myself, all this stuff, and it really did mess me up."
- The song's artwork was created by Jason Anderson.
- It is a painting of the Golden Gate Bridge, which is also mentioned in the song's lyrics.
- The song was originally titled nightmare.
- Billie's older brother, Finneas, is featured in the music video, which was released on January 23rd, 2020.
- The song's music video opens with a message from Billie saying "finneas is my brother and my best friend. no matter the circumstance, we will always have and always will be there for each other."
- In certain parts of the video, the lights in the background match up with some of the beats in the music. 
- As of February 2020, the song is peaked at number 10 on the Billboard 100 'Top 100' chart.
|WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?|
|French Re-Release / Deluxe Edition / Target Edition|