"Ilomilo" (stylized as "ilomilo") is the eleventh track by Billie Eilish featured on her debut album, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?. An animated audio video was later released for it on April 24th, 2020.
- The line, "the friends I've had to bury" is a direct reference to bury a friend.
- The lines, "Said I couldn’t love someone, cause I might break/If you're gonna die, not by mistake" are a reference to the lines, "I can't afford to love someone/Who isn't dying by mistake in Silver Lake" from xanny.
The song is about a fear of separation, since ilomilo is the name of an online puzzle game where the player must work to unite the two characters Ilo and Milo at the end of every level.
- In an interview, Billie stated that ilomilo was her favorite childhood game.
- The song was also partially inspired by the novel and film Bridge to Terabithia.
- The outro to bury a friend transitions into ilomilo.
- The song's title is not mentioned in its lyrics.
- Billie's documentary is titled after a lyric in this song.
|WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?|
|French Re-Release / Deluxe Edition / Target Edition|