The song talks about a relationship where no matter what Billie does, the other person always leaves her in the end. She hides her emotions by lying, saying that she enjoys being alone when in reality she is incredibly sad.
- The song was first revealed when Billie performed it live on the Where's My Mind Tour.
- It was likely originally the fourth track on the album.
- A vertical video for the song was released exclusively via Spotify.
- The official music video was later released on October 25th, 2018.
- The concept for the music video was inspired by art that a fan sent to Billie.
- Soto Gang drew the cover art.
- The song is Billie's third highest charting song on the American Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #34. It has surpassed lovely, which peaked at #78, and you should see me in a crown, which only went as high as #93. It is only beaten by bury a friend, which peaked at #14, and bad guy, which became her first #1 hit.
- The song peaked at #14 on the Canadian Billboard Hot 100.
- It is also her first UK Top 40 hit.
- The song was featured in Riverdale's third season finale.
- To recreate the idea Billie had for the video before filming, she used her mom and filmed her pretending to be Billie.
- There is an official "Kidz Bop" version of the song.
According to the Billie Eilish Experience, when the party's over is perceived to be a "blinding White piercing your eyes" in Billie's synesthesia.
|WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?|
|French Re-Release / Deluxe Edition / Target Edition|